ChartWorld was established in 2002 with the desire to make commercial shipping safer and more efficient. The main areas of activity include the development of concepts for optimized digital route and voyage planning, the equipping of ships with digital navigation systems and charts as well as the installation of supplementary software products.
Today, ChartWorld is the market leader for ECDIS as a service, and a driver of digital navigation and automated voyage planning tools. The company operates with more than 140 staff working in offices in Germany, Singapore, Limassol, Canada and Japan.
An open minded and team-oriented workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for ChartWorld and its customers. Together we can transform the maritime industry, improve safety and efficiency and foremost a sustainable environment. We like to strengthen our team in Hamburg and look for a:
• Completed education in Informatic/ Computer Science (bachelor’s or master’s
degree) or similar education
• Sound knowledge of Linux system
• Networking knowledge: TCP/IP, VPN
• Preferably Amazon Web Services knowledge
• Preferably Apache2 / nginx knowledge
• Ability to work in a team with initiative
• Analytical thinking, planned work and enjoyment of challenges
• Very good English skills in speech and writing
• Server Administration (setup, update and configure Linux and Webserver)
• Network Administration (Routing, Switches, DMZ, VPN, VLAN)
• Firewall Configuration (e.g. PFSense, OpenWRT)
• Virtual Machines (e.g. VMWare or Proxmox)
• Cloud Systems (e.g. Amazon AWS, Office 365)
• Monitoring System (e.g. Nagios, CheckMK)
We offer flexible working hours, a modern office in one of the most attractive locations of the city and innovative Work From Home concepts. Become part of a highly motivated team in an international environment that promotes wealth of ideas and reward initiative and dedication.
If you are searching for a company that is dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
Please send your application including your earliest start date and salary expectation.