ChartBrowser is a custom digital chart catalogue application that allows you to import, calculate or manually create routes, select charts (based on your route), manage your existing chart inventory, and create a basket file that can be used to order selected products directly from ChartWorld. Orders can be executed online via E-mail directly from your vessel. Delivered chart data such as permits and chart updates (e.g. in S-63 format) can be received quickly via ChartBrowser on board. This data then can be exported to be applied to ECDIS/ ECS systems. The digital chart catalogue can be updated automatically by means of the ChartWorld update service or via catalogue download from our HTTP server.
Current released Version: ChartBrowser 2.4.x, August 2016
In addition, the following features are provided:
- Weekly receipt of ECDIS chart updates, NtM updates as well as updates of product catalogues.
- Easy export of received chart data: all ECDIS chart updates (AVCS, AIO) which have been received can be combined into one Exchange Set. This Exchange Set is a cumulative collection of all chart updates received since the last registered AVCS media state. Users on board can simply import this one Exchange Set into the ECDIS instead of the single weekly Exchange Sets.
- Automatic route generation and automatic collection of chart products crossed by this route.
- Sending online chart orders and receiving the chart data permits via Email
- Management of vessel budgets for ordering chart product s and other nautical publications.
- Automated inventory maintenance.
- Includes port / container terminal database with more than 4000 destinations.
- ChartBrowser automatically scans for missing data (e.g. chart updates not received via satellite transfer) and will request this data from ChartWorld Server.
- Automatic generation (also for printing) of an Update Status Report on the ENC portfolio to be used for Port State Control inspections. For each ENC it contains the latest S-57 Edition and Update Number as well as information on when the update has been received. Information regarding data export and AVCS media volumes are provided, too. Outdated charts are indicated.
- Automated generation of weekly NtM update reports with print function for tracings, diagrams and block charts. A retrospective eNtM database in ChartBrowser allows for reloading and viewing older NtMs. NtMs which have been entered into a paper chart can be marked ‘Applied’ and will not be reloaded for this particular chart.
- Operating ChartBrowser in “Shipping Company Mode” allows for verifying chart orders sent from the vessels. The complete vessel inventory can be downloaded and compared with the charts ordered from a vessel. Orders can be automatically accepted or rejected. Order notifications and budget information are automatically sent to the shipping company.
These catalogues are supported by ChartBrowser:
|ChartBrowser Catalogue Names
||AVCS (Admiralty Vector Charts Service) and PRIMAR Official ENCs
||Official Inland ECDIS ENCs
|Admiralty Raster Charts Service
||Admiralty Raster Charts Service
|Admiralty Paper Charts
||Admiralty Paper Charts
|Admiralty List of Lights
||Admiralty List of Lights
|Admiralty List of Radio Signals
||Admiralty List of Radio Signals
|Admiralty Digital List of Lights Admiralty Tide Tables Admiralty Digital Radio Signal Stations Vol 1,3,4,5 Admiralty Digital Radio Signal Stations Vol 2 Admiralty Digital Radio Signal Stations Vol 6
||Admiralty Digital Products
|Admiralty e-NP Sailing Directions Admiralty e-NP
|Admiralty Nautical Publication & Books
||Admiralty Nautical Publication & Books
|IMO Nautical Publications & Books
||IMO Nautical Publications & Books
ChartBrowser can be executed in three different modes:
- Vessel Operation Mode aboard a vessel to order and update charts online via E-mail communication
- Shipping Company Mode at the shipping company to verify orders from the vessels
- Standard Mode to manually generate orders without any online order/updating facility
To get a free copy of ChartBrowser and to find out how to efficiently manage your ECDIS/ECS data coverage for your navigation systems, please register below.
Before installing ChartBrowser, we advise removing previous versions. Recommended minimum system requirements for installing ChartBrowser are:
- Windows 7 (32 and 64bit), Windows 8 / 8.1
- Screen resolution 1024 by 1024 pixels
- Processor 1 GHz
- 512 MB memory
- 200 MB free disk space for the installation + 600 MB free disk space for paper chart database in case ChartWorld eNtM Service is to be used
- offline internet browser to view Notices to Mariners in HMTL format in case ChartWorld eNTM Service shall be activated
- PDF reader to view Notices to Mariners in PDF format in case ChartWorld eNTM Service shall be activated
- If available, a ChartBrowser dedicated Email account to be used for Online Ordering / Updating
Please contact ChartWorld if you wish to use ChartBrowser in the Shipping Company office and /or on the vessel for online ordering and chart updating. Otherwise you may use ChartBrowser in standard mode (select "Use ChartBrowser without ChartWorld Online Ordering and Chart Updating Services" at the first start).