ChartWorld is proud to announce an immediate enhancement of the data distributed in ChartWorld’s Information Overlay Data Service, CIO+.
CIO+ delivers T&P Notices to Mariners and navigational warnings in ECDIS user-chart format (also known as Mariners’ Notes or Maps). It is also compatible with the most popular ECDIS models. We have now added the following data to the CIO+ Navigational Warnings Database.
- Greek Warnings
- Turkish Warnings
- MENAS (Middle East Navigation Aids Service)
- Northern Sea Route West & East
- Chinese Warnings from 33 Coastal Administrations of China MSA.
CIO+ obtains data from T&P Notices to Mariners, Coastal and Local navigational warnings, and NAVTEX (in some areas); then it adds these elements to navigational warnings obtained from NAVAREA Coordinators. This makes CIO+ NAVAREA a powerful combination of input sources.
The following data sources have been incorporated into the CIO+
- T&P Notices to Mariners, issued by UKHO, China MSA, China NGA, Indian HO, and Colombian HO
- Warnings and Notices issued by 21 NAVAREA Coordinators
- Coastal and Local Warnings issued by 125 Coastal Administrations.
ChartWorld’s data team consists of professional hydrographers, cartographers, and experts in geomatic science. The team continuously performs a gap analysis, to define any important navigational information absent from the official ENC data. This analysis is directed at further extending the data sources used for CIO+ production.
On the picture: Left – Navigational Warnings, published by Shanghai MSA Coastal Administration on the MSA website. Right – Shanghai MSA Warnings in CIO+ are shown as an overlay on top of ENC data.